This is my favorite homemade bread recipe when I want a thick and moist bread. The banana bread recipe is super-moist inside, it’s full of banana and buttery flavors. easy and quick to make, be assured that this banana bread bundt will be on your table in less than 2 hours. The dough can also be prepared 3 days in advance. This moist banana bread recipe is golden brown on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
Banana bread is the first thing that comes to mind every time I have leftovers bananas, I try to add a few add-ins to make my banana bread different from the previous baked, but a lot of times the only major ingredients I need for this loaf bread are bananas, flour, and sugar. This bread recipe is suitable for beginners and experienced bakers. if you haven’t tried this recipe yet, now’s the time.
HOW TO MAKE BANANA BREAD
Here are some helpful tips and tricks to help you make the best banana loaf bread.
- You’ll need two cups of mashed bananas for this recipe, which comes out to about 4 large bananas.
- Ripe Bananas: If you want to have the perfect banana bread, then you have to choose over-ripe bananas. the blacker the peel, the sweeter. Both frozen and fresh bananas work great.
- Mash the bananas: To mash bananas you’ll need a handheld mixer, a fork, or a potato mixer. Begin beating on low, then increase to medium-high speed as the bananas break down into mashed bananas. T
- When combining dry and wet ingredients, fold them very gently with a spatula. This will result in extra tender bread.
- This recipe calls for 1 hour of cook time, but check it as early as 40 minutes, inspecting the tester toothpick.
- Take the banana bread out of the loaf pan as soon as possible.
BANANA BREAD INGREDIENTS
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this banana bread:
- Unsalted Butter: Although you can use oil, I find that butter works well in this recipe. Use softened butter for a soft texture and irresistible butter flavor.
- Sugar: I use brown sugar because it yields soft and moist bread. Another great option is a mixture of brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Eggs & Vanilla Extract: You’ll be using a couple of eggs to bind everything together and some pure vanilla extract.
- Mashed Bananas: There are two cups of mashed bananas in this recipe for maximum banana flavor. The more bananas, the flavorful the bread
- All-Purpose Flour: This provides the structure for the banana bread. Just be sure to spoon and level your flour when measuring so you don’t end up with too much flour.
- Baking Soda: I only use baking soda but you can combined baking soda and baking powder for the perfect lift.
Do you want something different? try out this buns recipe brioche buns recipe
BANANA BREAD FAQ’S
How do I quickly ripen bananas?
You do not have to give up on your banana bread recipe just because you don’t have over-ripe bananas. Here are two methods you can use to quickly ripen bananas.
- Leave them sitting out on the counter for a day or two.
- Bake them in the oven for 10 to 20 minutes at 250 degrees F.
How ripe should my bananas be?
- They should be over-ripe with some speckles and probably be blackish.
How do you store banana bread?
You can store this banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days or for 3 months in a refrigerator.
You can freeze banana bread using these instructions to preserve its fresh flavor and texture for months!
1. Let bread banana completely.
2. Tightly wrap the loaf or slices in 2-3 layers of plastic wrap..
3. Place wrapped banana bread in a freezer-friendly storage bag or reusable container.
4. Date the bag and freeze it for up to 3 months.
Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 Bundt Pan
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 115 g unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 150 g brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 4 bananas
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Grease and Flour a bundt pan or spray with baking spray.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer beat the butter and brown sugar together on high speed for 2 minutes until smooth. On medium speed, add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in mashed bananas, and vanilla extract on medium speed until combined. Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Do not overmix.
- In a large bowl, add the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil, and banana. Blend with a mixer on low for 30 seconds then on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fold the nuts into the batter (If using any) and pour into the bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the bread will come out clean when the bread is done.
- Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes in the bundt pan. Invert onto onto cooling rack.
- Chocolate Chips: I love this bread with chocolate chips, too. Feel free to add 1 cup of your favorite chocolate chips (semi-sweet, dark chocolate, etc). No need to leave out the nuts if you add the chocolate chips. Chocolate chips and nuts are both optional.
- Butter: If needed, you can use salted butter in this recipe instead. Keep all the other ingredients the same.
- Chocolate Chips: This bread tastes amazing with chocolate chips. Feel free to add 1 cup of your favorite chocolate chips.
- Banana Bread Muffins: Use this banana bread recipe to make banana bread muffins.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: This banana bread also tastes fantastic with cream cheese frosting on top.
- Pecans or walnuts: Fold in the nuts or pecans.